Thursday, February 26

Traveling to Encounter Myself



Mood: Excited
Music: Philosopher Stone- Van Morrison

I've always wondered what is it about Thailand that makes it the sex capital of the world. I've always wondered how Phuket breathes easy after being hit by a tsunami. Most importantly, I've always wondered about monkhood and temples in Thailand.


Patong Beach, Phuket


Red Light District, Patpong.



One of the many temples in Thailand




I guess i am about to satisfy my curiosity soon. : )

Now that i am about to graduate, i will be doing a lot of travels this year before going to Brisbane for postgrad.

May 7: Bangkok, Phuket
June 19: Hongkong
July 5: London

I've always loved traveling. When i was a little warthog, i promised myself that right after college, i will sail away from my safe harbor and start experiencing the real world. Of course, my parents did not approve of this. They want me to always be with them. They think i cannot handle the daily stress of washing my own clothes, doing my own dishes, and cleaning my own house. They think i am always up to something dangerously stupid. Well, i want to prove them wrong.

While my friends think i am a mentally strong person, my parents think i am very fragile. Couldn't blame them. I was accident prone when i was a kid. Each time we were on a vacation somewhere, i would always go home with a stitch. Seriously. I even know how it feels to be in a state of temporary amnesia because i had a serious head injury when i was in grade four. Thank goodness, there weren't any scars to mark all these recklessness.

Yes, my parents believe that i am very reckless and adventurous thus they do not want me out of their sight.

Though there will always be a running girl inside me, they should know that i am not a little freak anymore. They should know that i am already a woman (Naks!) who is more careful and wiser this time. A woman who has to think of her future seriously. A woman who needs to play the game of survival of the fittest carefully.

I am very close with my family and though i hate to leave them, i have to. I need to find my own person without them. I expect a lot from myself, thanks to my highly individualistic nature. I told myself that, before i set out to marry someone, i will have to fulfill all my major self-expectations first. I guess life really works for me this way, i cannot think of any other approach to begin and steer my future aside from what i had written in this long post.

P.S. Happy Birthday Roshni. You deserve all the love in this world. Ellan told me you are among the very few who passed UP LAW! Gosh, you are so brilliant. Bloody brilliant. LOL.

IMG SOURCE: Cumple Pnp Reptile Street GVA PIX

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]